Ask a question or book an appointment
Leave any questions you have below along with your details and our team will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
During A Breast Reduction Consultation
During your breast reduction consultation, you will primarily discuss your expectations and desired outcome. Dr Sally Ng will then perform a breast evaluation, taking detailed measurements and looking at the current placement of your areola and nipples.
Once an evaluation is conducted and you have been confirmed to be a suitable candidate for the procedure, Dr Sally will discuss your options for breast reduction surgery with you. This will include the type of scar that will help achieve your desired results.
What are the potential risks of a breast reduction?
All invasive surgical procedures carry risks and will be discussed during your consultation. Potential risks associated with breast reduction surgery can include:
- Bleeding or infection
- Fluid accumulation at the operative site
- Fatty tissue deep in the skin could die (fat necrosis)
- Changes in nipple and sensation
- Potential partial or total loss of the nipple and areola especially in large volume reduction
- Asymmetry of the breasts, potentially posing a revision surgery.
- Scarring. This is inevitable with any surgical procedure.
Start your surgical journey with Dr Sally Ng
If you are looking to achieve a particular result or restore your appearance, Dr Sally Ng in Melbourne offers various aesthetic and reconstructive surgical procedures to help you.
For more information or to request a consultation, please contact us today.